Tuesday, November 2

thankful for: motherhood

You knew it was coming, didn't you? It's November. It's the month of Thanksgiving.  Thus let the posts of gratitude and lists of blessings begin!


Today I'm especially grateful for being a mom. Motherhood isn't always easy, but it is always worth the difficult moments. For on the other side of those glimpses of insanity are slobbery kisses, big bear hugs, belly laughs, tickle wars, new words, dance parties, water fights, and that look in her eyes that tells me I'm her world. I'm thankful every single day for the blessing of motherhood and for the person it has helped  me become.

I remember my life before I was a mom, but I don't like to think about it too much or too often. The days were easier, the stresses were quick-fixes, running errands was simple, preparing a meal was peaceful and therapeutic. But looking back I see how empty our lives were. Yes, we needed those years to grow up, to ease into the idea of becoming parents. But it's amazing to see how complete and better life is with a baby, a toddler, a daughter to love completely and unconditionally. She is ours, she is the result of our love and commitment to each other, she is our everything. She is why I'm a mom and why I never want to be anything else.


Hallie + Mom
Palisades Lake, August 2010

2 comments:

BECKY said...

When I first read the first sentence I thought you were announcing something and I about wet my pants!! But it was still a FABULOUS post. You write SO well.

Um, LOVE the inspired wall! I totally rip things out of magazines like color schemes and stuff too. I'm going to put them in a binder so I can always look at them and they can make me happy. :)

Shaunee said...

So well put, Jodie. I don't think there is anything better than being a mother. It is one of the most challenging, but by far the most rewarding thing we can do. You guys are two peas in a pod!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...