Tuesday, August 24

loving lately :: august 2010

 
There's been a lot for me to love lately. Almost every day I find myself excited by a new discovery or rekindling a fascination with an old favorite. Here are some I find worthy to share.

-- Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet: A Novel by Jamie Ford. I actually read this book earlier this summer but I still think about it a lot. It's a fairly simple read and is such a sweet and genuine story. I'd recommend it to anyone looking to sink into something uplifting and well-told.

-- My new Carhartt military cap. I have been accused by my husband of really going country for buying a Carhartt product, but I love it. Hey, when you're growing your hair out, a cute hat is the best cure for the many, many bad hair days that lie ahead.

-- Fringe. Oh how I love this show. Honestly, the commercials for it never really appealed to me, but when Clay and I were looking to fill our LOST/J.J. Abrams void, we went with this show. And it is awesome! It is one where you kind of have to start from the beginning, but so far it's been well worth it.

-- Coconut Dreams cookies by Keebler. They come pretty darn close to Girl Scout Somoa cookies. And they're available year round. Delish!

-- Merona's Ultimate Camisole at Target. Not only is it cheaper in price (only $8!) than the Downeast/Shade/Layers camisoles, but it's better! I swear by it. It fits nicely, it's still long enough, and the fabric is thin enough that you really don't feel that extra layer. And the adjustable straps? LOVE!

-- Good sing-along tunes like: From Where I'm Standing by Schuyler Fisk, Best Thing by Jeremy Kay, The Heart of the Matter by India.Arie, and pretty much anything by Matt Nathanson.

-- I Am Momma, Hear Me Roar. LOVE this blog. If only I were crafty enough to do all that she does. However freezer paper stenciling is definitely on my list of things to try.

-- Frame collages, such as this one via potterybarn.com. I created a frame collage in our living room over two months ago and just finally got around to ordering the pictures to go inside the frames. I can't wait to see it complete!

  
-- I've seen rain gutter bookshelves all over blogland and I'm determined to find a place for them in our home. So clever. Why didn't I think of it?

-- Netflix. I cannot believe it took us as long as it did to sign up with Netflix. My new favorite is the Watch Instantly feature where we can instantly stream movies and TV shows through our Wii console. Thank you, technology!

-- Free and super cute fonts from kevinandamanda.com. And, if you're just crazy enough, you can even have your handwriting turned into its own font...for free! Or do what I did and download someone else's handwriting-turned-font that looks a whole lot better than my own handwriting.

[heart image via owlishly]

2 comments:

BECKY said...

the bookshelves are a must for little hallie; i'm pretty sure.

Shaunee said...

I'm going to have to try out that book. I'm looking for a good one. Do you have problems with your Netflix on demand? Ours has to pause and load about every 5 minutes. Drives me crazy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...