Monday, June 18

faith and patience and thanks


I was so touched by your kind comments and emails after my somewhat cryptic post about our current trial. It was a pleasant surprise to hear from many of you. I think we can all use words of support and encouragement no matter what we are facing in our lives. A day can quickly turn from bad to good with something as simple as a compliment, a friendly face, or a feeling that you are not alone. 

In my quiet moments of reflection over the past few months I have relied on two specific talks that are full of the most uplifting words of guidance and comfort. The quote above (isn't it terrific?) comes from Mountains to Climb by Henry B. Eyring. The other talk is Continue in Patience by Dieter F. Uchtdorf. My favorite quote from that talk comes when he is explaining that God has a purpose in requiring us to wait for blessings that we may be asking for. He says: "Every one of us is called to wait in our own way. We wait for answers to prayers. We wait for things which at the time may appear so right and so good to us that we can't possibly imagine why Heavenly Father would delay the answer."  I think about those words often, and I can't quite put my finger on why but they give me great comfort. I think there will come a point in my life when I can look back on this challenge and clearly see what happened and how my family changed during this period of waiting and wondering and struggling and enduring. I'm not sure when, but I do believe that time will come.

So I guess I just wanted to say thank you. Thanks for reading and commenting and understanding and striving to make it through your own personal trials along the way. We all have them. Thank you for helping me through mine and hopefully the words I share will help you through yours.

1 comment:

Melody said...

Hang in there, Jodi! I have every confidence that good things are coming your way, and that like you said, one day you'll look back on this truly irritating period of your life and think, "That's when we grew the most." Or something. I know, easy for me to say, but we're pulling for you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...