Thursday, June 7

quick tip / kid activity

If you're looking for some fun and easy outdoor time with your kids, try a nature color hunt. I got the idea from I Am Momma last year and have kept it in the back of my mind waiting for the perfect time to use it.


This took about five minutes to set up - the only materials you need are cardstock, markers, and tape. Write the colors and draw the rectangles, let your kids color them in accordingly, then set off on a backyard adventure searching for the colors in nature.

Hallie loved this activity and wanted to go again and again all morning long. She loves flowers and plants and was a pro at spotting the colors on our list.




2 comments:

BECKY said...

I am SUPER impressed! Someone posted a link to this "toddler busy bag" thing... let me know if you would like the link. It's lots of these similar ideas.

Kathleen said...

What a fantastic idea! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...