Sunday, March 13

best brownies

Need a good St. Patty's day treat? The green + mint-flavored frosting gives these brownies the perfect touch for the holiday. And, hello, it's an excuse to eat chocolate!


BYU Brownies

 
1. Brownies:
1 cup butter, melted
2/3 cup cocoa powder
2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cup flower
4 eggs

Mix butter, coca and sugar. Add eggs, beating well after each one. Stir in flour. Spread in greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Cool.

2. Mint frosting:
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 cups powdered sugar
1-3 tablespoons milk
1/2 tsp mint extract
4 drops green food coloring

Mix butter and powdered sugar. Use milk to smooth out frosting until you reach desired consistency. (You want the frosting to be pretty thick, though.) Add extract and food coloring. Spread over brownies and refrigerate until firm.

3. Chocolate topping:
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (I like to use a combo of semi-sweet and milk chocolate)
1/2 cup butter

Microwave chocolate chips and butter for 90 seconds or until melted. Stir until well blended and pour over brownies. Refrigerate until set.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Mmm, I've heard about how good these brownies are and, from the look of your pick, I don't doubt it. They sound fantastic. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your brownies up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/03/sweets-for-saturday-8.html

Indeah and Ravi said...

There's not much better than a mint/chocolate combo! These look delicious!

Michelle said...

My mom is in love with these, I should surprise her with a plate! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Christine said...

2 sticks of butter!! My goodness I'm going to have to work out hard after I eat all of these ;) making them right now! Thanks for the recipe.

Leda said...

OK, so are these theee REAL BYU Brownies!!?? I grew up in Provo, and had these whenever we were lucky enough to talk my mom into buying them! I also LOVED there white bread they had at that store, hmmm, what was the name of that? Any way..

You have a great blog, I stumbled upon it because of the famous BYU Brownies! Go Cougs!

Alicen said...

Let me make sure I have this straight, is it 4 cubes of butter??!! Yikes. still going to make it though. he he he. Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...